Re: [carfree_cities] Something to raise your hackles??..http://www.ti.org/

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2001
      I am impressed with this website and the amount of work that has gone into
      its hyperlinks. Especially I am interested - on a quick first scan - in the
      quality of the arguments for a libertarian-ecologist alliance. This
      individual is clearly ready to take on the impossible. Their use adjectives
      and other intensifiers can be a measure of a writer's debating calibre. I
      like (but also have apprehension about) the way this writer uses these so
      sparingly. R O'T looks to me like a good advocate. So either we have an
      impressive opponent against whom it will be useful to strengthen and
      validate "carfree" arguments or we have someone from whom it may be possible
      to glean original thinking. Let's agree that some great ideas get ruined in
      their implementation. Maybe there are some warnings here about the messy
      business of implementation. Let's see who uses this book and website.

      Regards

      Simon