Re: [carfree_cities] FW: Car free cities conference

  • T. J. Binkley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2001
      Craig wrote:

      >The conference, "A vision of car free cities in central and eastern Europe,"
      >was organized by the European Academy of the Urban Environment as a response
      >to the detrimental effects increasing car ownership and use. The EA is
      >currently compiling summaries of all the conference speakers. I expect
      >these will be available via internet. The contact person is Christoph Rau
      >(cr@...) and the web site is www.eaue.de.

      Thanks for the link. There's lots of good stuff on this site. An example:

      Noise abatement in European towns and cities
      Strategies, concepts and approaches for local noise policy
      Conclusions: priorities for managing and implementing noise abatement
      planning at local level
      Christoph Rau

      http://www.eaue.de/noiserau.htm#top

      -T.J.