FW: Car free cities conference

  • Craig Bollen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2001
      If anyone is interested below is a reply I got from my city commissioner
      concerning a question I had about carfree cities conference.(The book she
      mentions is carfree cities)

      I'm an assistant to Commissioner Hales. He asked me to respond to your
      e-mail.

      The conference, "A vision of car free cities in central and eastern Europe,"
      was organized by the European Academy of the Urban Environment as a response
      to the detrimental effects increasing car ownership and use. The EA is
      currently compiling summaries of all the conference speakers. I expect
      these will be available via internet. The contact person is Christoph Rau
      (cr@...) and the web site is www.eaue.de.

      If it would be possible to borrow the book you have, we would be interested
      to see it.

      Thanks for your inquiry. I hope this information is helpful.

      Sincerely,

      Jillian Detweiler
      Commissioner's Assistant
    • T. J. Binkley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2001
        Craig wrote:

        >The conference, "A vision of car free cities in central and eastern Europe,"
        >was organized by the European Academy of the Urban Environment as a response
        >to the detrimental effects increasing car ownership and use. The EA is
        >currently compiling summaries of all the conference speakers. I expect
        >these will be available via internet. The contact person is Christoph Rau
        >(cr@...) and the web site is www.eaue.de.

        Thanks for the link. There's lots of good stuff on this site. An example:

        Noise abatement in European towns and cities
        Strategies, concepts and approaches for local noise policy
        Conclusions: priorities for managing and implementing noise abatement
        planning at local level
        Christoph Rau

        http://www.eaue.de/noiserau.htm#top

        -T.J.