Re: [carfree_cities] Cycle Technique

  • Eric_Floden@pch.gc.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      I agree with the PS below, I see far too many folk spinning too slowly, which
      will not enhance their enjoyment of cycling & may give them sore knees.

      My other frequently-seen cycling boo-boo is having the seat far too low - that
      can't be easy on theknees, nor does it deliever optimal power

      What is a heinzmann pedal assist?

      ef
      Vancouver

      -----------------

      ps. It should also be added that most people choose much too high a gear and
      end up with a cadence (peddling speed) much lower then it should be.

      Henning
      (I cheat, I have a heinzmann peddle assist - It's too cool)
    • Henning Mortensen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
        And I thought proper technique was to provide power in all 360 degress of
        the crank. Indeed you can exert more power on the up and down, but you
        should also be peddling forward and back. In other words, you should peddle
        with a circular stroke rather then down-down or even up-down.

        just my .02