Fw: Hands Across the Sea

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2001
      Lance

      We've both made our points and arrived - reasonably honourably - at
      positions neither of us is prepared to abandon. I note the prevalence of the
      past tense in your rebuttals of my argument about the future of the car. You
      have noted weaknesses in my case. Shall we call it a draw in which you came
      a passable second?

      By the way I don't think you'll have to go to exotic foreign places to enjoy
      car culture. I envisage the grand opening of the Jeremy Clarkson Heritage
      Motorway Museum in the not too distant future where car-lovers can gather to
      reminisce about the "good old days". The museum will include a short stretch
      of salvaged motorway on which enthusiasts can experience safe re-enactments
      of grid-lock and multiple pile-ups and a cleverly recreated service area
      with the sounds and smells of passing traffic artfully reproduced and piped
      into the eating area.

      One thing I nearly forgot to mention. The Clarkson Museum is only accessed
      by cycle route or a pedestrian walk from the nearby Toddington Eurostar
      station.

      Best wishes

      Simon