Re: [carfree_cities] Open Roads?

  • Doug Salzmann
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 3:39 PM
      On Tuesday 29 May 2001 22:44, Ron Dawson told us about:

      > Open Roads Languish on the Drawing Board
      > Caltrans' 1958 master plan listed Reseda and Pacific Coast freeways.
      > Today's commuters have time to mourn lost lanes.

      Ah, yes. If only we'd built even more roads, with more lanes. . .

      These are the fevered fantasies of desperate automobilists and the aging
      career criminals of the Pave the World Federation: "I know it has never
      worked anywhere ever before, but let's try it one more time."

      "PERSEVERATION - Uncontrollable repetition of a particular response, such
      as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a
      stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder."

      -Doug