Re: [carfree_cities] Crossing the City

  • Jym Dyer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2001
      > The 38AX bus gets me from the Pacific Ocean to the Financial
      > District (one side of San Francisco to the other) in 30
      > minutes in the middle of rush hour.

      =v= It should be even faster. 11 years ago we voted to have
      that route enhanced to have a dedicated right-of-way. They used
      the funding for those big non-traffic-calming palm trees (as if
      we're in Southern California), but don't worry, there's still 9
      years left to complete the project.

      =v= In a car, it's probably something like 20 minutes, plus
      another 20 minutes looking for parking and then giving up and
      parking on the sidewalk.
      <_Jym_>