Re: [carfree_cities] Carfree Places

  • duane cuthbertson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2001
      Joel,

      There are a few streets in Florence and Rome that are cut off to car
      traffic. Specifically, Via del Ginori-via del canto dei Nelli-via
      dell'Ariento around Piazza San Lorenzo (just northwest of the Duomo) are car
      free, with minimal excetion to the delivery truck, this particular link is
      Florence's Market area and is filled with boothes and the like...I have only
      been there during summer months so this may not be so during other times of
      the year, someone else may have to confirm... There are also streets just
      west of the Vatican that are blocked off to Cars, I can't remember the
      names, sorry.

      DC