Comparisons of gas prices in US/Canada/Euskadi (France-Spain)

  • Iker Zabalzagarai & Vianney Cier
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2001
      Egun on deneri
      (in basque) Hi everybody

      It's my first written participation to this mailing list, and i
      already want to apologize about all the grammatical, spelling and
      syntax mistakes i could make in english.

      I am a journalist and a sociologist living on the european coast of
      atlantic Ocean, in Euskadi.

      Euskadi or Euskal Herria (Euskal = Basque, Herria = land, people or
      country) is the Basque Country. A very old nation on a very small
      territory 20 000 km2, spanning two european states :
      * in the south, 90 % on the Spanish territory principal towns :
      Bilbao, San Sebastian, Pamplona, Gazteiz
      * in the north, 10 % on the French territory principal towns :
      Bayonne, Biarritz, Anglet, Saint Jean de Luz

      http://encarta.msn.fr/find/Concise.asp?z=1&pg=2&ti=741524365 in
      french, more complete
      http://encarta.msn.com/find/Concise.asp?z=1&pg=2&ti=761579893 in
      english, more restrictive to the western portion of the southern
      (spanish) part

      Here is my contribution to the debate about the prices of gas,
      compared between some figure yet given in northern America, with some
      others here, in Euskadi.

      The dates of northern america were given by others mailing list contributor

      USA Canada Europe - Euskadi
      Chicago StLaurent Ottawa Bayonne San Sebastian
      Oklahoma Illinois Québec Ontario
      French bank Spanish bank

      price of liter 2,99 F 4,05 F 4,01 F 3,78 F 7,60 F 5,30
      F Prices in french francs
      price of Gallon 11,30 F 15,30 F 15,15 F 14,27 F 28,73 F 20,03 F

      price of liter 0,46 ¤ 0,62 ¤ 0,61 ¤ 0,58 ¤ 1,16 ¤ 0,81
      ¤ Prices in Euro
      price of Gallon 1,72 ¤ 2,33 ¤ 2,31 ¤ 2,18 ¤ 4,38 ¤ 3,05 ¤

      price of liter $0,63 $0,86 $0,85 $0,80 $1,61 $1,12
      Prices in Canadian $
      price of Gallon $2,39 $3,24 $3,21 $3,02 $6,09 $4,25

      price of liter $0,41 $0,56 $0,55 $0,52 $1,04 $0,73
      Prices in US $
      price of Gallon $1,55 $2,10 $2,08 $1,96 $3,94 $2,75

      Seuls ceux qui savent voir l'invisible
      sont capables de faire l'impossible
      Héraclite
      Quand l'astronome montre la lune
      l'imbécile regarde le doigt

      Vianney Cier
      journaliste et sociologue

      e-mail vianney.cier@...

      Maison de la vie citoyenne du Polo
      Poloko Etxecit

      Secrétaire général

      Place du Polo
      64100 Baiona

      vianney@...

      Agence Scoop
      Agence europeenne de presse et d'ingenierie editoriale
      Rédacteur en Chef

      Ferme Tout Vent
      Cite Saint Amand
      64100 Baiona