Chicago BlueWays

  • Robert J. Matter
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2001
      The Chicago Blueways web site is now up at

      http://www.chicagoblueways.org

      The inaugural BlueWay Tuesday Commute-In ride was held Tuesday, April 3rd. Ride report at the site.

      The next Commute-In is Tuesday, April 10. Interested riders can meet in the plaza by Cafe Selmarie, directly across from Chicago Brauhaus, 4732 N. Lincoln. Time: Meet for breakfast at 7:00 a.m., ride at 7:30 a.m.

      The inaugural Commute-Out is Monday, April 16. Meet at Daley Plaza, Dearborn & Washington, at 5:30 p.m. Ride the proposed BlueWay Route to Lincoln Square and discuss the route at Das Heuten bar.

      Chicago BlueWays is a grassroots campaign advocating a sensible and equitable city transportation policy. We challenge the city to establish a network of bike- and pedestrian-priority streets where those who choose non-motorized, non-polluting modes of transportation can enjoy safe passage.

      A BlueWay is a city street which has been modified to enhance bicycle safety and convenience. Non-local motor vehicle traffic is discouraged and the BlueWay has the right-of-way at intersections wherever possible.

      -Bob Matter
      "Anyone who has spent much time bicycling or walking
      in America knows how it feels to be treated as a
      trespasser on our streets." --Steven G. Goodridge