Re: [carfree_cities] Land based taxation

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8 5:46 PM
      At 3/8/01 19:48:00, you wrote:
      >I was talking to one of our civic planners and we got talking about taxation
      >alternatives. I mentioned the idea of land based taxation and he was very
      >interested. Unfortunately I no longer have the article which discussed this.
      >He has asked me to see if any of you have the article, and to email him a
      >copy.

      Many of us may be interested, so here's the link to an article I sent to the list on this subject:

      http://www.newcolonist.com/tworate.html

      Richard
    • Henning Mortensen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8 7:48 PM
        I was talking to one of our civic planners and we got talking about taxation
        alternatives. I mentioned the idea of land based taxation and he was very
        interested. Unfortunately I no longer have the article which discussed this.
        He has asked me to see if any of you have the article, and to email him a
        copy.

        As he seems very open to the idea of carfree movements, I would like to push
        as much info his way as I can.

        Any studies or articles which point to merchant acceptance of carfree
        districts after initial opposition would also be appreciated. He was of the
        opinion that carfree districts hurt commercial business. Help me set him
        straight.

        Since we have already seen these things on the list, just email me
        privately.

        And from now on I start a file of all the wonderful gems which pass through
        this list.

        Henning