RE: [carfree_cities] why so many Americans are fat (it's not the food)

  • 3L
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2001
      > THE mystery as to why Americans have become the fattest people on
      >the planet has been uncovered by public health experts, who say that
      >decades of uncontrolled suburban sprawl conceived around the motor
      >car have left them unable to walk even if they wish to....
      >
      >Posted by John Crosby, carless in Seattle, living in a 1910 house

      Thanks for the great post. We may be able to use information like this to
      lure employers to carfree districts, someday soon. Overweight employees
      get sick more, have more low back pain, and miss more time from work too.

      Cheers,

      T.J. Binkley, Doctor of Chiropractic, carfree in Ventura, house built in
      1926, weight:137lbs.

      Very good article. Are there any stats about Canadians, other nations?
      The real social problem is pointed out, the health is compromised.

      Louis-Luc Le Guerrier
      slim carfree computer scientist, enjoying walking in carfree environments