pedestrian, cut off by vehicle

  • Eric_Floden@pch.gc.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2001
      When I have the right of way, and have to stop (or worse yet, take evasive
      action) to avoid a vehicle I loudly slap the vehicle as it goes by. Very
      satisfying!

      ef
      Vancouver, BC
      (I spend loads of time walking/cycling the streets of Calgary, Banff, Ottawa,
      and Victoria as well)
    • 3L
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2001
        > When I have the right of way, and have to stop (or worse yet, take evasive
        > action) to avoid a vehicle I loudly slap the vehicle as it goes by. Very
        > satisfying!
        >
        > ef
        > Vancouver, BC
        > (I spend loads of time walking/cycling the streets of Calgary,
        > Banff, Ottawa,
        > and Victoria as well)

        I often hear that Montreal is the worst Canadian city (and maybe American
        too) regarding the pedestrian right of way. In Montreal I find it SAFER to
        cross on the early RED light forcing vehicles to hold even if they have the
        right of way. It's totally anarchic and I dislike that since I don't know
        what to do to have my rights respected and be safe simultaneously. I prefer
        to wait all red cycle, then carelessly afford to walk on green without any
        threat whatsoever.

        How often do you need to slap a vehicle in Vancouver? Here I'd have to once
        every 2 or 3 conflicts, so walking with a stick and weaving it can make it
        or hit it. I use the underground anytime it's possible, w/o underground I'd
        seriously consider moving elsewhere.

        Louis-Luc