Re: [carfree_cities] Making the case for getting the police on bicycles

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
      Simon Baddeley wrote:

      > Thought people might be interested in thoughts I've put together with the
      > help of postings from Urban-Cyclist on why we think our local police ought
      > to have bicycles:

      In Los Angeles the police bicycle squad is continuously growing, as, all
      otehr factors aside, the department has discovered that the bicycle cops
      simply catch more crooks per hour than the motorized ones.

      Of course, there's a multitude of other benefits, as Simon's post
      nnoted, but this is one that will sell the concept.

      Richard

      http://www.living-room.org
      http://www.newcolonist.com

      "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
      M. K. Gandhi