Bogota report on CNN

  • Bruce Minturn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2001
      I saw a brief report on the carfree day in Bogota. Two people were
      interviewed. The first, of course, didn't approve. He said, "It's OK if
      you've got nothing to do. But if you run a business, it's very difficult."

      The next person described carfree as inconvenient, but if it will 'help the
      environment' then it's a good thing.

      The CNN reporter apparently believes that carfree days are about the
      environment and nothing else. The video and voice-over seemed to make light
      of the event. They emphasized the one industry that did make money that day:
      bicycle tire repair.

      Bruce