[carfree_cities] Re: carfree_cities digest

  • Oliver Hayden
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2000
      Hi folks,

      I get the carfree e-mails as part of a digest daily, and today it was a
      mess. Obviously, the server that distributes these e-mails does not
      deal well at all with HTML or Rich Text e-mails, so I request that
      anyone posting (and perhaps this should be included in the welcome
      message) to the group sends plain text e-mails. Most e-mail software
      has this as an option, including Microsoft products.

      Now that I've griped to everyone - I want to introduce myself. I have
      been a loyal follower of Carfree for a few years now, and am excited
      that this forum now exists. I recently moved from the heart of
      Washington, DC (the Adams Morgan neighborhood - a must if you visit the
      US Capital) across the country to the heart of Eugene, Oregon, a
      sleepy, somewhat hippied-out community at the Southern end of the
      Willamette Valley. Besides working two jobs, I am doing an internship
      at the city planning department here, which is quite educational. I'm
      learning that I don't want to be another beaurocrat making teensy
      weensy incremental changes in an enormous pile of regulations.

      Anyway, I thought I'd say "HI" and that I'm happy to be along for the
      ride.

      Conspiratorially,

      Oliver Hayden

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Ronald Dawson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 10:29 PM
        Mr.Hayden wrote:
        >Hi folks,
        >Anyway, I thought I'd say "HI" and that I'm happy to be along for the
        >ride.
        >Conspiratorially,
        >Oliver Hayden

        Welcome aboard this train to the promised land. Dawson