Los Angeles

  • Todd J. Binkley
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2000
      F.Y.I.--- a letter to the editor from today's L.A. Times:

      The solution for traffic woes in Pasadena and throughout L.A. is not to
      build more freeways but to make comprehensive the subway system already
      begun. It costs an individual thousands of dollars per year to own,
      insure and maintain a car. If taxpayers would give to the city what it
      costs to keep their cars for one month, we could have an efficient,
      24-hour subway with stops in every community in L.A.
      Just think: more money in our pockets, less pollution, less time to
      commute and higher property values. Owning a car could become a luxury
      rather than a necessity. Elected officials need to stop pandering to
      neighborhood interest groups and get the ball rolling.
      GREG STANTON
      Los Angeles