Catalina Island - somewhat carfree

  • Mike Lacey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2001
      The golf carts are banned outside of the main town (Avalon).
      Otherwise its just scheduled buses, and the very small number of cars
      that were owned before the ban.
      Beautiful for cycling
    • Guy Berliner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2001
        Unfortunately, the golf carts aren't electric. They're
        gas powered, and they use two-stroke engines. So
        unfortunately they're infinitely more polluting than
        most ordinary passenger vehicles. My mom used to live
        on Catalina Island, and of course she had to have one
        of these infernal machines. I was almost overcome with
        the fumes everytime she took me in the thing, and had a
        headache for a long time afterwards.

        Guy Berliner

        --- In carfree_cities@egroups.com, "Mike Lacey" <firefly956@h...>