CarFree Testimonials

  • ecopl@n.adsl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      As at least some of you know, April 19th of this new year is going to be
      Earth Car Free Day , and in support of this a group of us have developed a
      fast growing website which you can find at www.carfreeday.com. If you go to
      that site, you'll see that there is the beginning of a section entitled
      "CarFree Testimonials" (you'll see it under "Hands-on Experience"). The
      first entry there is a short essay by Chris Bradshaw of Ottawalk in Canada
      in which has tells his story in what strikes us as a well reasoned, very
      human, engaging and helpful way. I read his story and I can almost see
      Chris. And as a car/owner driver, I am encouraged by the way he has put his
      own story to ask myself some of those same questions. It's like this,
      exchange by exchange, thought by thought, act by act, that we gradually
      create the base for a sustainable transportation system, sustainable lives
      and a sustainable planet.

      We'd like to invite further personal submittals under this heading, aiming
      for something on the order of the 1000 words that Chris has managed in his
      piece, and bearing in mind that we want our stories to bring others on
      board. We may not be able to add them all to the site in their original
      form, but I certainly think they will be interesting and inspiring if there
      are shared with the others here on CarFreeCities.Com. And we certainly
      won't post anything from you without your full approval of the form in which
      it appears.

      Let us know.

      With all good wishes,

      Eric Britton

      ecopl@n___ technology, economy, society ___
      Eric.Britton@... URL ecoplan.org
      Day phone: +331 4326 1323 Mobile: +336 80 96 78 79
      Voice/Videoconference/Data +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
      24 hour Voicemail/Fax hotline: +331 5301 2896