RE: [carfree_cities] Looping the Tokyo loop

  • Ronald Dawson
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2000
      Simon Baddeley wrote:
      >You are sending this account of the new Tokyo underground to me and other
      >Brits who long for decent rapid transit just to make us feel really rotten
      >at this time of year ((<:)>*

      Here is some thing else for you to consider, from this side of the Atlantic.
      Dawson

      "We spend, in this country today, a billion dollars a year cleaning up
      roadkill, from our nation's highways, and Amtrak has had to fight for
      chicken scraps, for $500 Million a year."

      --George D. Warrington,
      Current Amtrak President,
      12/11/00, on the inaugural
      Acela Express.