  • markandkerri
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2000
      I still haven't sent my email of introduction to you all.

      I am a woman from Melbourne, who thinks the idea of living car free is
      great, and am really enjoying reading the discussion in the newsgroup. I
      have recently got rid of the family car (underused and overcapitalised) but
      my husband has a work car with private use. The majority of my transport is
      now by bike(to uni and to get bread and milk etc), walking (to the nearest
      shopping centre/bus depot), or bus, with two trips to the gym a week and a
      fortnightly grocery shop in the car (plus the occasional, obligatory, family
      trip to see the in-laws).

      I am enjoying slowing down a bit - always felt guilty being one person in a
      car...
      Not sure about where I go to from here... but will sit in the background and
      consider all your ideas...