Winter biking: covered recumbent bicycle...

  • 3L
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      Hello,

      I saw this morning a person using a recumbent bicycle, covered with
      a rigid chassis. Only the head of the person could be seen above but he
      wears a good tuque. This is a great idea for winter cycling in our cold
      countries, proving that the bicycle is a candidate to replace the gas car
      even during the winter.

      I feel the vehicle manufacturers ought to widely offer some single occupant
      pedal-powered units as an innovative technology. And you just remove the
      chassis and have an uncovered bicycle during the hot seasons.

      Is it more widely used in other places?

      Louis-Luc