Rebuttal info request

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
      Help - data needed for swift rebuttal letter to letter below in Birmingham
      MetroNews Nov 30th 2000:

      "Many cyclists totally ignore the Highway Code. Hundreds of pedestrians are
      injured each year, they also cause countless road accidents - don't take my
      word for it, check with health authority."

      Apart from the phrasing and speciousness of the argument can I have any
      actual figures with source by Monday latest?

      For anyone local who also wants to reply - there's no email for this paper
      but the landmail address is:

      MetroNews Letters
      MetroNews
      28 Colmore Circus
      Birmingham B4 6AX

      best wishes and thanks in advance,

      Simon

      Simon Baddeley
      34 Beaudesert Road
      Handsworth
      Birmingham B15 2TT
      0121 554 9794
      07775 655842
    • William Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2000
        From: "Simon Baddeley" <s.j.baddeley@...>

        >Help - data needed for swift rebuttal letter to letter below in
        >Birmingham MetroNews Nov 30th 2000:

        >"Many cyclists totally ignore the Highway Code. Hundreds
        > of pedestrians are injured each year, they also cause
        > countless road accidents - don't take my
        > word for it, check with health authority."

        > Apart from the phrasing and speciousness of the argument
        > can I have any actual figures with source by Monday latest?

        I would simply suggest attacking this on the basis of no real support for
        their argument. To simply suggest vague quantities is not an argument.

        And I would attack the road accidents as the lack of safe cycling
        infrastructure.

        Plus the usual types of educational tidbits.

        Will