Middle class and no car? You're having me on!

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2000
      I've just been glancing at a "life style" survey in the Birmingham Post (win
      Christmas vouchers worth £250 etc). I got to question 2 or 3 which was on
      cars and there was no room in the forced choice question to indicate that
      one did not have a car. OK I do still have one and am still going through
      detox but I thought that the question was indicative of a mentality that
      assumes that when querying a middle class sample you cannot imagine
      including a category for people without cars. I realise incidentally that
      this would also leave the current Lord mayor of Birmingham and her consort
      in a quandary!

      Simon