Re: C02: cycling vs. driving

  • Guy Berliner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2000
      I actually think one of the most overlooked side effects
      of driving may be the infrastructure, including the vehicles
      themselves, required to support motorized transport. I didn't
      even include such considerations in my calculations. It seems
      clear that the bicycle will come out far more favorably yet as
      against the motor vehicle once such factors are accounted for.
      Consider the materials alone that must go into manufacturing a
      2000 lb motor vehicle, vs. a 25 lb bicycle.