Re: [carfree_cities] Digest Number 195

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26 2:51 AM
      >I've seen these types of statements. They are correct in some sense, but
      >are based on some pretty far-out assumptions (4 passengers per car, very
      >small car, assumptions about CO2 of cyclist, etc)
      >see for example:
      >http://www.yes-but.net/cycling_is_dangerous.html
      >the section about environmental issues.
      >
      >> > ... if four cyclists car-shared for a typical commuting journey to
      >> work they
      >> > would emit less carbon dioxide. "

      I'd be prett sure that they also ignore the CO2 output
      of the car's occupants. This whole thing HAS to be
      sheer nonsense in any case. The bicycle is known to
      be the most energy-efficient form of transport ever
      devised, considerably better than walking.

      ###

      J.H. Crawford Carfree Cities
      postmaster@... Carfree.com