RE: [carfree_cities] Another death

  • Roy Preston
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 3, 2000
      Sam asked, what is a dual-carriageway, and how were the cyclists killed. A
      dual-carriageway is a road with two lanes in either direction. And they
      were killed predominantly by cars entering the dual-carriageway from a
      slip-road.

      Answering Ryan's questions: The speed limit has been reduced to 50 from 70
      mph. and the road is urban 19th century.

      Louis-Luc and Henning share my sentiments. I'm preparing a letter which, I
      hope, will provide a reasonable argument against banning cyclists. Thanks
      for the comments, gang.

      Roy P(icking out the best bits)
    • Frank Sierowski
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2000
        > What exactly is a dual-carriageway ... ?

        A dual-carriageway is a road where the traffic in the two directions are
        physically separated by some sort of barrier. Other people might call them
        "divided highways". There will be 2 or more lanes in each direction.

        from: Frank Sierowski

        <fsier@...>

        The following is a request to anyone planning to send out an email to a list
        of addresses:

        - please do not put my email address in TO or CC with other addresses, (as
        this will send my address to all the other people in the list) unless I
        already know the other people in the list.

        To send to a list of addresses without sending the list itself, use BCC.