Re: [carfree_cities] Getting famous people out of their cars

  • Simon Baddeley
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2000
      > I could also think about the good old horse and carriage. The celebrity
      > could again be sitting in an enclosed area, and the coach is sitting in
      > front.
      >
      > In both cases, longer enclosed units could be compared to a limo.

      Sounds great - I wonder who will be one of our first role models. This
      "chariot d'etat " should be designed by someone very famous too and should
      look magnificent and beautiful. Now although those of us who love bicycles
      can see the beauty of them I don't think contemporary aesthetic can yet
      appreciate beauty in a bicycle or a state version of a famous people
      carrier. It needs innovative design and new attitudes to form and style.
      What will happen instead is that clebs will start turning up in electric and
      propane and eventually solar powered cars.

      Simon