Re: [carfree_cities] 21 September Statement from Lord Macdonald

  • Doug Salzmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
      I said:

      > >On another question, a poster here has explained the futility of relying
      > >upon oil crops to produce biodiesel to replace petroleum
      > >products. Yep. Not happening. Nor is methanol from farm or forest about
      > >to solve the energy crisis. For the best analyses of these issues, see the
      > >work of David Pimentel, at Cornell.

      Joel responded:

      >Got a citation/URL for us?

      My favorite overview:

      Pimentel, David et al.
      Renewable Energy: Economic and Environmental Issues
      BioScience -- Vol. 44, No. 8, September 1994

      I think I have this in digital format, maybe without the figures. I'll see
      if I can get it to Joel, on my web site, as text to this list, or
      something, as soon as I have a few spare moments.

      -Doug