Transportation Confernece!!!

  • Andrew Preble
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2000
      I just found out that the Mayor of New Orleans will be hosing the 2000 Cities for
      Climate Protection Workshop, September 20-23, at the Fairmont Hotel, put on by the
      International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives. I have sent them a
      press release already... but I see this as the perfect time to dedicate a section
      of the city car free, because the main focus of the conference will be to reduce
      greenhouse gas and other polluting emissions, and to talk about sustainable
      transportation.

      I have been unable to get the Mayors email address or someway to suggest to him
      that the city dedicate a section of the city car free. If anybody know where and
      how I can get this info. Please tell me.
      --Andrew
    • Doug Salzmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2000
        At 04:19 PM 9/14/2000, Andrew wrote:

        >I have been unable to get the Mayors email address or someway to suggest
        >to him
        >that the city dedicate a section of the city car free. If anybody know
        >where and
        >how I can get this info. Please tell me.
        >--Andrew

        Mayor Morial's press contact person might be a place to start:

        Rhonda Spears
        504-565-6580
        504-565-6588

        -Doug
      • Ronald Dawson
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2000
          Andrew Preble wrote:
          >I just found out that the Mayor of New Orleans will be hosing the 2000
          Cities
          >for
          >Climate Protection Workshop, September 20-23, at the Fairmont Hotel, put on
          by >the
          >International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives. I have sent
          them a
          >press release already... but I see this as the perfect time to dedicate a
          >section
          >of the city car free, because the main focus of the conference will be to
          >reduce
          >greenhouse gas and other polluting emissions, and to talk about sustainable
          >transportation.

          Well when you consider that New Orleans is already a flood prone area, you
          have a very good case.
          http://cbsnews.cbs.com/now/story/0,1597,185688-412,00.shtml
          Dawson