Re: [carfree_cities] Car Free Cities Network

  • Birmingham University
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2000
      Todd

      I'm embarrassed but grateful that I had to learn about this from Carfree. I
      should have picked up the Copenhagen Declaration much earlier. This is all
      going in my review article and I realise now that Joel lists this in the
      internet references at the end of his book. I hadn't seen that except for a
      brief glance.

      I've just been revisiting Mike Davis's City of Quartz (1990). My goodness,
      such nice cheek to superimpose a carfree reference design on top of that
      steaming network ("LA: The Ecology of Evil" Artforum, Peter Plagens 1972)
      when you read the breakneck prose of Mike Davis in parallel with Joel's
      style!

      Simon