Fwd: International Network for Urban Development Congress

  • Randall Hunt
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21, 2000
      ***BEGIN ORIGINAL***
> [...]
      >ones?
      >• How to organise urban regions as single systems – networks of
      >infrastructures, fast transport systems, growth factors - while controlling
      >the urban sprawl?
      >• What are the private sector and the political responses to the future of
      >urban development?
      >
      >"It is a great privilege for the City of Bergen to host the 24th INTA Annual
      >Congress. In addition to an interesting Congress programme, Bergen has a lot
      >to offer: the meeting between the landscape of western Norway and close on a
      >thousand years of northern European city culture" says Anne-Grete
      >Strøm-Erichsen, Mayor of Bergen.
      >
      >The INTA24 Congress is expected to attract strong regional participation.
      >
      >Speakers are expected from Europe, Africa, Middle East, Latin America and
      >Asia, including three Ministers, Mayors, senior executives from private
      >corporations and city technicians such as:
      >The Minister for Environment, Oslo, Norway
      >The Minister for Development Cooperation, Oslo, Norway
      >Erna Witoelar, Indonesian Minister of Settlement and Regional Development
      >Mohamed Magd El Din Ibrahim, Under Secretary of State for Housing, Utilities
      >and Urban Communities, Egypt
      >Henry Chabert President of INTA, Deputy Mayor of Lyon, France
      >Edel Eikeseth, Director, Department of Urban Development and Planning
      >Municipality of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
      >Adnan Ali Enshassi, The Islamic University of Gaza, School of Engineering,
      >Civil Engineering Department, Gaza Palestinian Authority
      >Laila Iskandar Kamel, Managing Director, Community & Institutional
      >Development, CID, Cairo, Egypt
      >Mohamed M'Barki, Secrétaire d'Etat à l'Habitat Ministère de l'Habitat,
      >Rabat, Morocco
      >Luc Maréchal, Inspecteur Général, , Direction Générale de l'Aménagement du
      >Territoire, du Logement, et du Patrimoine de la Région Wallonne, Namur,
      >Belgium
      >Hélia Nacif Xavier, General Secretary of Municipal Urban Affairs, Rio de
      >Janeiro City Council, Brazil
      >Michel Rivoire, Directeur Général, Transalpes, Groupement d'intérêt Public,
      >Lyon, France
      >Toomas Sepp, City Secretary, Tallinn City Government, Estonia
      >Anne-Grete Strøm-Erichsen, Mayor of Bergen, Municipality of Bergen, Norway
      >Vasudevan Suresh, Chairman & Managing Director, Housing & Urban Development
      >Corporation Ltd., HUDCO, New Delhi, India
      >Elena Szolgayová, Head of Housing Management Division, Ministry of
      >Construction & Regional Development, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
      >Henri Tchakountio Ngongang, Directeur général adjoint, SIC, Société
      >immobilière du Cameroun, Yaounde,
      >Knut Utvik, Group Executive Vice President, Den Norske Bank ASA, Oslo,
      >Norway
      >Boris Zhikharevich, Head of Strategic Planning Department, The Leontief
      >Center International Center for Social & Economic Research, St. Petersburg",

      ****END ORIGINAL****
    • Ronald Dawson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2000
        Hello every body, I was at the Victoria Transport Policy Institute's site
        when I came over this interesting URL. This is a review of a book titled
        "Driving Forces", apparently the highwaymen are worried about people like us
        who dare to say "the Emperor has no clothes". http://www.vtpi.org/pucher.htm
        Dawson
        "May there always be a choice!"
      • Ronald Dawson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2000
        • Ronald Dawson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 23, 2001
            While surfing around I found this interesting little URL.
            http://www.rebuildca.org/

            Chances are by now, that you have figured out that it is some thing from the
            highway lobby. Now the reason why I sent this is simply, because of the
            "spin" factor that they use on it. Dawson
          • Lanyon, Ryan
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 27, 2001
              This was my favorite:

              AUTO COMMUTERS and other HIGHWAY USERS:
              You've probably heard our radio spots about the Custodians of Congestion or
              read about the California Commuter Alliance in your local newspaper.

              And, like millions of other California motorists, you're probably fed up
              with traffic.

              You probably feel like rolling down your car window and screaming, "I'm mad
              as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

              The fact is you no longer have to be a silent **victim of congestion**.

              ---

              Auto drivers victims of congestion? There must be some masochistic drivers
              in California!

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/