Driving, Parking, & Cash

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2013
      From Streetsblog, via Project for Public Spaces:

      "Colleges Save Millions By Embracing Policies to Reduce Driving"

      http://ht.ly/ko1Hu

      Rick
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.SustainableCityNews.com
      http://gridlogisticsinc.com
      http://www.rickrise.com
    • mdh6214
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2013
        I wish my alma mater did the same thing. There's currently an $8.90/hr surcharge on tuition called the "Transportation Access Fee", costing a typical full-time student an extra $267 per year--and giving all students "free" on-campus parking permits. While there are now 9 frequent bus routes running on campus and to all the off-campus areas where a lot of students live, the bulk of the money seems to go towards what are now 6 parking garages, which cost $17,000 per space to build.