Protecting cyclists in California

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013
      If you are a Californian and interested in establishing a safe-passing law to help protect people using bicycles on the state's roads, please sign our petition on SignOn.org:

      http://signon.org/sign/three-feet-please

      Nineteen US states have so far passed such a law. Our legislature has also twice passed one, but Gov. Brown has vetoed the law both times.

      There is a brief explanation on the petition page.

      A law requiring motorists to pass cyclists at a safe distance would help in our current efforts to expand travel choices beyond the car-only option so common in California.

      Thank you,

      Rick
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.SustainableCityNews.com