Story on Bogota's even-odd days

  • Justin Hyatt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2013
      Hi all,

      Here is a story on Bogota's even-odd day scheme.

      http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20130123-colombias-anti-gridlock-scheme

      The story hints at interest gaining for congestion charge, but doesn't
      specify if there are plans for that at the moment in Bogota. Carlos, are
      you still out there? Do you know what is currently going on in the city
      that once hosted "Towards Carfree Cities" conference?

      Cheers,
      Justin

    • Carlosfelipe Pardo
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2013
        Yes, there is a 2 million dollar project being developed to implement
        congestion charging in Bogotá. However, it depends on the political
        context to see if it can be implemented or not since council must
        approve the charge and change some city laws in order to move forward.
        We did a short proposal of a congestion charging zone and scheme in the
        last pages of our publication "Bogotá 21", which is available here:
        http://despacio.org/en/2012/10/30/bogota-21-published/