Lewis Mumford quote

  • Miguel Barroso
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2013
      Hello all,

      Can anyone tell me the source of this Lewis Mumford quote? was it in one
      of his books, in an article or something else?

      /"Adding highway lanes to deal with traffic congestion is like loosening
      your belt to cure obesity."/

      Kind regards,

      Miguel Barroso
      +351919202820
      -

    • Eric Fischer
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2013
        For whatever it's worth, John Norquist credits it to Walter Kulash, not to
        Mumford. (
        http://books.google.com/books?id=9PUPvw9ID_oC&lpg=PA174&dq=adding%20lanes%20congestion%20belt%20obesity&pg=PA174#v=onepage&q=adding%20lanes%20congestion%20belt%20obesity&f=false
        )

        Eric