RE: RE: RE: [carfree_cities] Re: DoMoreRoadsSolveTrafficCongestion??

  • Ronald Dawson
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2000
      D S-J wrote:
      >>CA/T stands for Central Artery/Tunnel a.k.a the Big Dig. Dawson

      >Oh, that's right. All I know is that the project has for like the third
      time
      >gone a billion or so over budget. No matter how much they go over budget,
      >they same to get the money they need. The head of the Big Dig, Kariotis I
      >think, was fired recently as a result.

      >Peace, love, and information,
      >David Schneider-Joseph

      Personally, putting Interstate 93 under ground was the right thing to do,
      because it was kind of acting like a Berlin wall through Boston, but where I
      really see a waste of funds was the construction of the Ted Williams tunnel.
      The Summer and Callahan tunnels already existed and were handling the
      traffic just fine. Then again hind sight is 20/20. C'est la vie!
      http://www.bigdig.com/thtml/mapframe.htm Dawson