RE: [carfree_cities] Re: Driving Less v. Eating Less for Weight Control

  • Annee von Borg, MSW, MPH
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
      Before and after photo
      <https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.451567351568230.105545.1902941343
      62221&type=3> of dh - he not only lost 120 pounds, but shifted his parking
      space from handi-spot to bike rack, 2 years after back surgery which
      followed 5 years of being virtually bedridden. Cycling is just one part of
      the story, but a big one. Transportation choices not feasible for us in
      Scottsdale, AZ, helped save his life when we moved to a ped/bike friendly OR
      suburb. Like hubby, I also
      <https://www.facebook.com/CarfreeFamily/photos_stream> lost pounds, and we
      both find ourselves at same weight and (better?) physical condition as when
      we were teens. 2013 marks the beginning of our 3rd year as a 7 person
      carfree family. 16 year old has logged nearly 1,200 bike commuter miles
      since starting a part time job. Happy pedaling!

      Be well,
      Annee
      Carfree Family <https://www.facebook.com/CarfreeFamily>
      Resources for Health <http://www.resourcesforhealth.org/>