Re: [carfree_cities] "Superstorm" Sandy

  • Debra Efroymson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2012
      Hello dear Joel. Relieved to hear you're OK...and that Obama won!!

      Met a lovely woman today, I talked up WCN to her and asked her to join AND to ask you about writing an article on getting carfree sunday streets in 3 parts of Manila for you...I'm pretty sure her name is Marie Danielle V. Guillen, Ateneo de Manila University. I'll have to tell you later (or may write for SCN about it) about the mock trial they organized here to see who is responsible for the horrid traffic in Asian cities...I was a co-defendant with ADB, the auto industry, and local and national governments, though naturally I tried to turn on my co-defendants...all good fun and I was quite impressed that they were willing to put themselves up for jokes and criticism! But of course all is not good at the ADB Transport Forum. Ah, but I got to meet Enrique Penalosa, that was exciting!!

      Good luck...we have more in common now that you're getting to experience power outages... ;)

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2012
        Hi!

        >Met a lovely woman today, I talked up WCN to her and asked her to join AND to ask you about writing an article on getting carfree sunday streets in 3 parts of Manila for you...I'm pretty sure her name is Marie Danielle V. Guillen, Ateneo de Manila University.

        great! I'll be on the lookout

        >I'll have to tell you later (or may write for SCN about it) about the mock trial they organized here to see who is responsible for the horrid traffic in Asian cities...I was a co-defendant with ADB, the auto industry, and local and national governments, though naturally I tried to turn on my co-defendants...all good fun and I was quite impressed that they were willing to put themselves up for jokes and criticism! But of course all is not good at the ADB Transport Forum. Ah, but I got to meet Enrique Penalosa, that was exciting!!

        good

        >Good luck...we have more in common now that you're getting to experience power outages... ;)

        *sigh*

        Actually, I've had power since Saturday, but thousands of my neighbors just here in Summit are still out. NJ Transit managed to drown a large part of its fleet, so no service until... when? They're not saying.

        Best,

        J.

        J.H. Crawford
        mailbox@...