Re: [carfree_cities] large data visualization applied to transport

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2012
      The US census asks households about travel patterns every few years. Here's a link:
      http://nhts.ornl.gov/

      SWITRS is a database of road crashes in California, however counting only ones that generate a police report:
      http://iswitrs.chp.ca.gov/Reports/jsp/userLogin.jsp

      Los Angeles has a crowdsourced map of bicycle crashes and near misses, devised by a PhD statistician, lots of data:
      http://bikesidela.org/labikemap/main

      These might help you decide whether to go forward with your project, which sounds worthy.

      Regards,

      Rick

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.SustainableCityNews.com