Re: [carfree_cities] Arctic ice disaster looms

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 10, 2012
      >I see from this content that my message is not welcome on this forum. It's unfortunate that so many are so closed-minded about the possibilities of differing viewpoints.

      snip

      Well, the post wouldn't be here at all if that were true.

      ----- ### -----
      J.H. Crawford
      mailbox@...
      http://www.carfree.com
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/carfreecities
      Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/jhcrawford/videos
      YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarfreeCities
    • Jym Dyer
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012
        >> I see from this content that my message is not welcome
        >> on this forum. It's unfortunate that so many are so
        >> closed-minded about the possibilities of differing
        >> viewpoints.

        =v= Once again, global warming denialism following the tired
        script of preemptive _ad_hominem_ attacks ("closed-minded")
        whenever the substance of an argument is found wanting.

        > Well, the post wouldn't be here at all if that were true.

        =v= This variety of denialism hasn't come up with anything
        of substance since every concern was addressed/debunked
        in the 1990s. Since then it's been the same old same old,
        wearing funny hats and presented as new! different! daring!
        with pepperings of insubsantial preemptive accusations like
        the above.

        =v= Actual substance doesn't matter, the point is an ongoing
        (and very well-funded) whack-a-mole game to distract people
        and keep actual discourse from getting anywhere.
        <_Jym_>
      • Michael A. Lewis
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012
          It was the original response that started with "I'll let this post through..." as if doing someone a favor by posting something that should have been denied.

          Again, this is a no-response response. There is nothing here that addresses the content of my post, merely empty platitudes.

          My post dealt with the realities of "making massive cuts in greenhouse gas emissions" and the nature of natural climate variation, yet this response is about "denialism" and a "well-funded" conspiracy theory. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the original proposition of geoengineering as a response to perceived AGW.

          If I am part of a well-funded conspiracy, when do I get my check?

          Michael

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012
            Of course, what Michael is proposing, to continue massive released of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere indefinitely, is ALSO geoengineering. It's just not very well engineered, as the engineers really don't know what effect it will have, only that it's likely to warm the planet.

            I'm now closing this thread as non-productive.

            J.