NACTO conference in NYC

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012
      This is one I wish I could go to! "Designing Cities" conference in NYC. In their words:

      > Streets and sidewalks comprise close to 80 percent of a city’s public space. These streets not only represent essential corridors of commerce and industry, they serve as front yards, playgrounds, and theaters which showcase the expressions of urban life. It lies in the hands of the public to define how they use this wealth of space, but it is the responsibility of city leaders in transportation to stir their minds to imagine all the possibilities.

      NACTO is the "National Association of City Transportation Officials," and they are doing the most progressive work in us street design.

      Details: http://nacto.org/designingcities/

      Rick
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.SustainableCityNews.com