Fwd: Freeways & Finance

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2012
      From Richard Risemberg:

      >Interesting Tweet form my colleague Gary Kavanagh, attending the
      >congress for the New Urbanism summit:
      >
      >> I love that for CNU, breaking up urban freeways & converting to
      >boulevards, selling land, is fiscal conservative position.
      >
      >The conversion of freeways to more usable and less expensive urban
      >spaces is a growing meme in the US and worldwide…and we have in GRID
      >the infrastructure paradigm that can help make it happen successfully,
      >and make it acceptable to ALL stakeholders.
      >
      >Rick
      >--
      >Richard Risemberg
      >http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      >http://www.SustainableCityNews.com
      >http://www.rickrise.com

      Best,

      J.

      ----- ### -----
      J.H. Crawford
      mailbox@...
      http://www.carfree.com
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/carfreecities
      Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/jhcrawford/videos
      YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarfreeCities
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2012
        And for those who are interested in more details about what GRID is, see our website:

        http://gridlogisticsinc.com

        This covers only GRID Phase I; GRID Phase II envisions transit and carfree villages along a reclaimed SoCal river channel right-of-way, reclaimed power transmission ROW, or--ideally, in my opinion--reclaimed freeway corridors!

        Rick