July Issue of Sustainable City News

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2012
      The July issue of Sustainable City News is online now, covering:

      Minneapolis and the Road to Bikesharing
      http://sustainablecitynews.com/TCniceride.html
      We headed to the Walker Art Center. It seemed like walking was too far, and figuring out the bus in time would take longer than the Walker would be open. So we hailed a cab. Just then we noticed the bike sharing program. It was the last cab ride of the weekend. No longer pressed for time, we did walk back to the downtown hotel from the Walker, taking the free downtown bus a few of the blocks. From then on our tour was by bicycle.

      Ten Ways to Declare Independence from Oil
      http://sustainablecitynews.com/topten4.html
      This is the month when the US celebrates its independence from its former colonial masters in old England in 1776. While we are no longer in thrall to Mad King George, our addiction to cars and sprawl keeps us straitjacketed in a tangle of pollution, congestion, loneliness, and an endless round of payouts to the Big Three, Big Oil, and the Road Lobby. Here are ten ways you can break the habit and begin to declare Independence from Oil and the relentless taxes it imposes on our bodies, souls, and pocketbooks.

      What Would George Say?
      http://sustainablecitynews.com/plasticfootprint.html
      Imagine if George Washington had thrown a plastic cup overboard while crossing the Delaware River in 1776? That cup would eventually have floated out into the Atlantic Ocean, and would still be out there today—over 230 years later.

      Front Range Foray: Denver and Its Suburbs
      http://sustainablecitynews.com/denver_suburbs.html
      As wildfires, reinforced by global-warming-nurtured heat waves, march seemingly at will through Colorado this week, and parts of Colorado Springs are under evacuation orders as houses burst into flame on the nightly news, it is perhaps a good time to study the contrasts in development offered by the nearby Denver region

      See our front page at http://www.SustainableCityNews.com, or follow the menu links to delve into our vast archives, our blog, the city pages, or our local weather and other services.

      Original articles every month!

      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.SustainableCityNews.com