April Issue of Sustainable City News

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2012
      The April issue of Sustainable City News is online now at:

      http://www.sustainablecitynews.com/

      This month's featured articles are:

      Squaring the Triangle: a Pedestrianized Plaza in Los Angeles
      http://sustainablecitynews.com/suntri.html
      Something is happening in Los Angeles, a city that embodies the
      cliché of car-bound congestion and suburban anomie. The megalopolis
      is wriggling out of the straitjacket of concrete avenues that, by
      condemning its residents to travel only in metal shells, wrapped them
      in loneliness and frustration....

      Ten Things to See in Downtown Dallas
      http://sustainablecitynews.com/dallas10.html
      Dallas has been criticized for not having much of a downtown. I'm not
      sure that was ever entirely true, but these days it's clear that
      Downtown Dallas is getting better, and fast. Large office towers are
      being converted to apartments and condominiums, galleries are filling
      empty storefronts and there's both a grocery store and a farmer's
      market....

      Suburbs Are So Last Century!
      http://sustainablecitynews.com/byebyesuburbs.html
      Robert Shiller, a professor of economics at Yale University and co-
      creator of the Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller Index quoted Richard
      Florida in an interview with Yahoo Finance recently. Shiller said in
      the interview that suburban housing prices may not recover in our
      lifetime. "Richard Florida calls it the great reset...."

      Stepping towards Safety
      http://sustainablecitynews.com/dhakapeds.html
      When I first visited Bangladesh in 1994, one of my observations was
      how little human life is valued; the thought struck me most when
      watching pedestrians weave between trucks, buses, and other vehicles
      to cross the busy roads. So it comes as no surprise that on average,
      almost every day a pedestrian dies in traffic in Dhaka.

      And, of course, our extensive archives, services, and blog await your
      perusal!

      Rick
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.SustainableCityNews.com
      http://www.rickrise.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
        tweeted this. J.

        At 2012-04-01 01:08, you wrote:

        >The April issue of Sustainable City News is online now at:
        >
        ><http://www.sustainablecitynews.com/>http://www.sustainablecitynews.com/
        >
        >This month's featured articles are:
        >
        >Squaring the Triangle: a Pedestrianized Plaza in Los Angeles
        ><http://sustainablecitynews.com/suntri.html>http://sustainablecitynews.com/suntri.html
        >Something is happening in Los Angeles, a city that embodies the
        >cliché of car-bound congestion and suburban anomie. The megalopolis
        >is wriggling out of the straitjacket of concrete avenues that, by
        >condemning its residents to travel only in metal shells, wrapped them
        >in loneliness and frustration....
        >
        >Ten Things to See in Downtown Dallas
        ><http://sustainablecitynews.com/dallas10.html>http://sustainablecitynews.com/dallas10.html
        >Dallas has been criticized for not having much of a downtown. I'm not
        >sure that was ever entirely true, but these days it's clear that
        >Downtown Dallas is getting better, and fast. Large office towers are
        >being converted to apartments and condominiums, galleries are filling
        >empty storefronts and there's both a grocery store and a farmer's
        >market....
        >
        >Suburbs Are So Last Century!
        ><http://sustainablecitynews.com/byebyesuburbs.html>http://sustainablecitynews.com/byebyesuburbs.html
        >Robert Shiller, a professor of economics at Yale University and co-
        >creator of the Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller Index quoted Richard
        >Florida in an interview with Yahoo Finance recently. Shiller said in
        >the interview that suburban housing prices may not recover in our
        >lifetime. "Richard Florida calls it the great reset...."
        >
        >Stepping towards Safety
        ><http://sustainablecitynews.com/dhakapeds.html>http://sustainablecitynews.com/dhakapeds.html
        >When I first visited Bangladesh in 1994, one of my observations was
        >how little human life is valued; the thought struck me most when
        >watching pedestrians weave between trucks, buses, and other vehicles
        >to cross the busy roads. So it comes as no surprise that on average,
        >almost every day a pedestrian dies in traffic in Dhaka.
        >
        >And, of course, our extensive archives, services, and blog await your
        >perusal!
        >
        >Rick
        >--
        >Richard Risemberg