Re: MODERATE -- aaronkmthomas@gmail.com posted to carfree_cities

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012
      Aaron said:

      >Sorry to say that the economic analysis you're proposing is about as
      >sustainable as the economic ideas that created the current mess:
      >unregulated markets.

      and I responded:

      First, what economic analysis am I proposing, exactly?

      Second, I agree entirely about the current mess being
      in large measure a result of unfettered capitalism.

      Third, I believe in markets that are more tightly
      regulated that those in the USA were even in the
      days of FDR.

      Fourth, I support a highly progressive income tax,
      along the lines of the rates that were in effect
      when that communist Dwight Eisenhower was president.
      Top rate on unearned income was 93 or 94% during
      that era. (Today they'll lynch you if you talk
      about even 50%.)

      Oh, and by the way, I agree with the fact checking
      analysis, not the punish-congress screed.

      Best,

      J.

      J.H. Crawford
      mailbox@...