US road deaths

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2011
      The Guardian has a full map of all US road deaths
      between 2001 and 2009:

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/nov/22/us-road-accident-casualties

      Can we do something useful with this?

      The number of pedestrian deaths in north Jersey is shocking.
      In Manhattan, MOST of the dead are pedestrians or cyclists.

      This Has Got To Change.

      J.

      ----- ### -----
      J.H. Crawford . Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... . http://www.carfree.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2011
        This report has been flying over the cycling and pedestrian advocacy
        Twittersphere for days, stirring a lot of outrage.

        If we work up a short online blurb touting carfree development as a
        solution, I will inject it into the Twitter- and blogo-spheres and
        see where it goes. A page right on carfree.com would be great. It
        could also incorporate the new material Joel has been working on.
        Others of us must have active Twitter accounts and blogs, so we could
        really swarm it out there.

        Rick

        http://www.bicyclefixation.com
        http://www.newcolonist.com
        http://www.rickrise.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2011
          Hi All,

          Once the Occupy All Streets video is finally finished,
          I'll be promoting it using everything I've got, including
          social media. Until then I'm working on finishing the
          thing, which has been difficult.

          Best,

          J.