VTA's El Camino Bus Rapid Transit video is live on youtube!

  • Lilia Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2011
      Check out our new video on Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
      (VTA)'s El Camino Bus Rapid Transit (BRT).

      http://youtu.be/COVG7bps9p8

      Valley Rapid -- A New Way to Travel on El Camino Real
      Learn more at www.ValleyRapid.org

      The El Camino Real Bus Rapid Transit Project would make changes to El
      Camino Real/The Alameda between the Palo Alto Transit Center and
      Downtown San Jose that would improve transit service and potentially
      change the character and use of the street. The Project would upgrade
      the 522 Rapid Bus service by installing enhanced transit stations that
      function like rail stations, converting space allotted to general
      purpose lanes or on-street parking to bus-only lanes in certain areas
      and installing sidewalk bulbout stations that allow for faster stops.
      The project would also use a new specialized vehicle and feature
      technological improvements like transit signal priority—which holds a
      green light for an approaching bus—and real time information at
      stations so riders will know when the next bus will arrive. The
      project could even install bicycle lanes along the corridor.

      (Apologies for cross-posting; we are very excited.)