Businesses begging for bike corrals in Austin TX

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2011
      Yeah, businesses are always reluctant to "allow" bike corrals on our
      allegedly public streets...till they see other, smarter businesses
      making money off the customers they bring. As happened in Austin TX,
      a city much more like LA than Portland.

      http://t.co/VcyJOm3S

      Too bad Los Angeles is becoming the poster child for leaden civic
      thinking and lack of imagination in its business community---get with
      it, LA: bike lanes and bike parking are tools for economic
      development, not just a favor to cyclists!

      Rick
      http://www.bicyclefixation.com
      http://www.newcolonist.com
      http://www.rickrise.com