US consul general's take on Dutch bikes

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2011
      Hi All,

      This is worth watching and "liking":

      http://vimeo.com/31179261

      Also, I've posted shorter versions of some of my own
      films on YouTube:

      http://www.youtube.com/user/CarfreeCities?feature=mhee

      These are available in HD up to 1080p.

      The original, much longer versions, remain
      available on Vimeo.com:

      http://vimeo.com/jhcrawford/videos

      These are only 720p, and most of them are not "final"
      edits, although I don't think there will be many
      more changes.

      Please "like" and comment on them if you're so
      inclined.

      Best,

      J.

      J.H. Crawford . Carfree Cities
      mailbox@... . http://www.carfree.com
    • Christopher Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2011
        These are good illustrations of the quality of carfree areas. They take the still images we have already seen that much farther by showing the tranquillity of these areas and the relaxing effect they have on people using the street. you can see it not only in the way children play in the streets, but the lack of crowding in these nonetheless dense environments. The lack of crowding leads to an air of greater calm and lack of stress compared to the jam of people where they are forced onto sidewalks when the main thoroughfares are monopolised by cars.

        Materials like these would be very useful if ever you or someone else decided to put together a film on carfree cities.

        Christopher Miller
        Montreal QC Canada